Five Ways to Help a fellow Candidate during Job Search
During job search we all need a helping hand - here's 5 ways you can help a fellow candidate
Here are five ways to help a colleague in job search – you can pick as many as you like. Anything you provide will be appreciated as insight from fellow candidates is often the most valuable.
1. Listen to their story - Do their documents match their story? Are they underselling themselves?
2. Listen to their pitch - Is it clear and crisp? Do you know what role they want? What are the 2-3 skills that make them unique? If you cannot answer those questions, then help them rework their pitch.
3. State of networking - Are they effectively using all the tools available to locate opportunities or networking?
4. 2-3 Contacts - Start them off with 2-3 contacts to see how they perform. Call your contacts to see how it went. You can give them valuable feedback.
5. Follow-up - Drop them an e-mail or call every 45 days or so. A friendly call can go a long way (for both of you)!
Many people may not feel comfortable in asking for help – so reach out and offer!
Good luck today!