Financial Consolidation

Anonymous Member
Anonymous
(Finance Director)
I am reviewing year end entries from last year. There is an audit adjustment between a foreign sub in Euro and the US parent for the intercompany accounts, a note payable and the...
Member's Profile
George Gacungu
Title: Finance Manager
Company: KAPI LIMITED
(Finance Manager at KAPI LIMITED)
I am managing two sister companies.At the moment one company bills the other for monthly Administration expenses. For example: One company manages the accounting department of the...
Anonymous Member
Anonymous
(Accounts Manager)
Subsidiary company (FDI) re-valuates its loan as per the directives (Agreement) of its parent company abroad every month and charges to P/L account annually. The loan in foreign...
Anonymous Member
Anonymous
(Controller)
We consolidate as many as 12 to 15 companies on a monthly basis.  Not all companies use the same ERP/accounting software, so right now we require them to submit a monthly trial...
Anonymous Member
Anonymous
(Manager)
Any time-saving tips for simplifying the consolidated financial statements reporting process? In terms of just the software piece of it, I feel like we’ve outgrown QuickBooks....
Member's Profile
Carolyn Winder
Title: Accountant
Company: Red Wolf LLC
LinkedIn Profile
(Accountant at Red Wolf LLC)
Whether cash basis or accrual basis, is it ever acceptable to wait until the bank statement arrives to BEGIN reconciling cash?? Secondly, if multiple checking accounts exist (with only...
Anonymous Member
Member's Profile
Ivie Wu
Title: Senior Accounts Executive
Company: CBSA Berhad
(Senior Accounts Executive at CBSA Berhad)
Recently, I am in charge for preparation of consolidation accounts with other companies which using different currencies. How do I record the translation differences? Is it same...
Member's Profile
Leena Mansharamani
Title: Corporate Controller
Company: Deeya Energy
(Corporate Controller at Deeya Energy)
We are a small late stage start up company about 6 months from commercializing our product. We are currently using quickbooks to maintain our books and records. we currently have 1...
Anonymous Member
Anonymous
(Manager of Financial Reporting)
If we have a 60% owned consolidating entity, and purchase the remaining 40%, is this the correct entry to book to eliminate non controlling interest properly on the parent's books...