more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Reporting for Employee Friend Assistance

A B's Profile

What is the best way to handle this? One of our employees will be traveling to do an exhibit set up and will be taking a friend to help him (we don't have any available employees to help). He wants to pay this friend for his assistance although the friend is not expecting payment. I agree that this person should be compensated. What is the best way to go about it? The payment will be about $400. Can the employee just submit an expense report and then pay his friend from that? Or do we need to have the friend complete a W-9 as if he were a contract employee?


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email [email protected] to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.