more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Accident: Sales tax paid by personal account

I have a New Jersey LLC.

I accidentally paid the quarterly sales tax with my personal checking account instead of my business account.

What’s the best way to rectify this situation?

According to the NJ tax department, they don’t care that the money was paid from a personal account. So I guess this is more of a book keeping question.


Len Green
Title: Performance Improvement Consultant and E..
Company: Haygarth Consulting LLC
LinkedIn Profile
(Performance Improvement Consultant and ERP Strategist, Haygarth Consulting LLC) |

Reimburse your personal account from your business account (exact amount)-note reason for doing so in your business books.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.