more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Accounting Entries for a new building...

Nanda K. Kuppusamy CPA,CMA,CGMA's Profile

We have an office building and a piece of unused land adjoining the building. The proposal is to partially demolish the existing building and construct a new complex using the land. My question is :- 1. How do I treat the proposed conversion in the books? ie . What are the accounting treatment for this conversion? 2. What accounting standard should I be referring to do my research? Just a high level input would be great. Thank for your time.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.