more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Changing business entity from LLC to an S Corp?

Does anyone know if changing a business entity from an LLC to a S-Corp requires a new EIN# and CA corporation id#?


Ken Kaufman
Title: CFO
Company: Community Dental Partners
LinkedIn Profile
(CFO, Community Dental Partners) |

You can have your LLC classified as a corporation and then make the S-election. No need to change EIN in that scenario, I think.

Iain Crabb
Title: VP, Finance
(VP, Finance, ) |

Thanks Ken, that seems consistent with what I've found. To change from an LLC to a Corporation there is a filing to do with the state and new AOI but the numbers don't seem to require a change.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.