more-arw search

Q&A Forum

How to record expenses & interco accts incurred by India sub on US parent's books?

L C's Profile

I am the Controller for a start up US parent software development company that has a wholly owned India sub. The India sub incurs expenses, like consultant fees, in India, but the invoice is paid out of the US with US dollars. Do I record the entry as a debit to Interco Rec, credit to cash in the US parent and debit expense and credit Inter Pay on India's books? What exchange rate do I use? Do I use the exchange rate the date the bill was paid? What about foreign currency issues at month end? The consultant bills are in Rupees, but debited out of my bank acct in US dollars.


Topic Expert
Scott MacDonald
Title: President/Owner
Company: AlphaMac Resources, Inc.
(President/Owner, AlphaMac Resources, Inc.) |

Might want to read this.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email [email protected] to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.