more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Payments to overseas consultants

It seems that Companies everywhere are increasingly trying to reduce their overall cost by farming out work to consultants overseas in India, China and elsewhere. Apart from having such consultants provide a W-8 confirming their non resident status are there any other pre or post tax reporting requirements involved in making overseas consulting payments? Are there any with holding tax requirements?


Jeff Taylor
Title: CFO
Company: Communications Co.
(CFO, Communications Co.) |

None that I have ever seen or heard of. BTW, if you are using overseas consultants and are wondering how you can pay them, try a service such as Elance or Odesk. They act as a)bidding agents so that you can have multiple providers bid on your work, and b)payment agents. You pay on this end and they pay out on the other end. Simple and effective.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email [email protected] to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.