We are in the process overhauling our billing system, which is entirely spreadsheet based, manual intensive, very prone to error, with very limited analytics ability.
We are a SAAS software vendor who sells licenses.
- there is prepay arrangement, i.e., fixed fee prepaid for a number of licenses.
- there are different types of licenses and discounts btw types of licenses, i.e., if you buy license A and B together, we will only charge you X vs. buying seperately you would need to pay XX.
- once the customer goes over the prepay, there are pricing tiers based on the overage, i.e., if the customer prepays 5 licenses and actually deploys 11 licenses, he will pay X for license #6 to #10, and will pay Y for license #11 (license #1 to #5 are already prepaid previously).
- customers can deploy our licenses in multiple physical sites, and there is further arrangement to allow the customer to cap the number of licenses per site, i.e., you will only pay 5 licenses no matter how many licenses you have deployed in your New York city office, for example.
My questions are:
- what's the best practice in terms of streamline / improve?
- any suggestions on a consulting firm who have experience handling this?
thanks a lot....