more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Tax Breaks on corporate stock purchases: There was an extension of a tax break on the purchase of stock after 9/27/10 and before 1/1/12

Peter Boyd's Profile

Apparently if you but stock of a small corp (under $50 MM assets) during the above referenced time frame, and then hold the stock for five years, when you subsequently sell the stock, there is no tax on the gain but with a cap of 10 Xs the basis or $10 MM. Also exempt from AMT. Can anyone advise what section of the IRS code covers this? Would this apply to the stock purchase of a sub s corp?


Wray Rives
Company: Rives CPA PLLC

You are looking for a Section 1202 exclusion on the sale of QSBS. It only applies to original issue of stock in a qualified C corporation. S corp stock does not qualify.


Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email [email protected] to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.