more-arw search

Q&A Forum

Tax return filling for consultancy role

Niharika Bajpai's Profile

I was working full time from Jan 2016 to June 2016 in the US for that period I have my w2 and i was on J2 visa. I have SSN. Post that since July 2016 to September 2016 I worked in the same organization as a consultant but from India paid to my indian bank account. Should I be getting a 1099? Am I supposed to file taxes for consultancy in the US?

Products and Companies

Get Free Membership

By signing up, you will receive emails from Proformative regarding Proformative programs, events, community news and activity. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact Us.

Business Exchange

Browse the Business Exchange to find information, resources and peer reviews to help you select the right solution for your business.

Learn more

Contribute to Community

If you’re interested in learning more about contributing to your Proformative community, we have many ways for you to get involved. Please email to learn more about becoming a speaker or contributing to the blogs/Q&A Forum.