I’m part of a small group tasked with planning a corporate retreat. The purposes in general are relaxation, team-building and brainstorming new ideas. I’ve got the relaxation part covered, if the other two don't get in the way. I could use some ideas, inspiration, topics, activities, tips etc for the group plan. Also, as for my own participation at the retreat, I could use either methods of generating new ideas that have worked for you, sources of inspiration and/or specific suggestions of areas for finance/accounting to consider. Honestly, my fear is being put on the spot to spontaneously generate brilliance. As I write this, I guess I’m looking to get a jump on fresh ideas for myself and to help structure the event in such a way that it’s comfortable for everyone, myself included. That makes this kind of a two-part question…. ideas for the group plan and ideas to help me get a little inspiration. Thanks!
- Editor's Discussion Summary:
Read more and then take a look at this discussion: https://www.proformative.com/questions/work-retreat-waste-time-or-invaluable
- Seemingly infinite types of games and approaches to team building
- Create a role-switching marketing campaign
- Design, cook and market a hamburger for food co. retreat
- Stephen Covey ideas and activities
- A personality test and group discussion
- Teams to design a company turn-around
- Ropes ideas and activities
- Team excercises may be a waste of time
- Simple physical activity, such as bowling
- Scavenger hunts, cooking, plus much more below!